Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Finished Work (2 New Pieces)


 Well I still need to photograph some of the glaze tests I had talked about in a previous blog, until then I hope these images will suffice.  I've been working on preparing some items I will be investigating with slip-casting and busy dividing my time with numerous works in progress.  I have some test tiles of some other glazes for cone 06, as well as a new piece that I am firing to bisque at the moment.
 The top picture is of a piece ("Relic"), I didn't finish from last semester; I was trying to figure out the surface treatment for it.  The second picture is of a piece ("Fossil Fuel")I did this semester, this piece has the lichen glazes that I've been exploring.  
It took a total of 5 firings, to achieve the layering of color within this piece of work.  I really like the result of the surface due to the multiple firings and I plan on exploring this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment