Translate

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sculpture in progress

The new work is coming along with a few new additions since the last time I posted.  I started with a solid form of clay and then carved the skull by hand using modeling tools.  Once the skull got to a drier stage, I cut it open and hollowed it out by hand.  Then I re-attached the top of the skull by scoring the cut line and using slip to connect the pieces.  The screw part of the piece was also carved by hand.  I started with a coil of clay that I rolled out to about an inch and a half diameter and then started the relaxing part of carving...which I really enjoy.  I currently am in the works of creating the handle for the top of the piece.   I hope to have those pieces done soon and will update the progress on my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment