Translate

Monday, September 20, 2010

Progress in the Studio

Well, it's the end of the third week and time to update my blog.  I've been really busy working on a piece i showed earlier in a blog and just wanted to update some photos for it.  I have three of these completed so far and the images represent the pieces for #4, #5, and #6, of the modular forms I am creating for the sculpture I am working on at the moment.  Besides that little project, I did a demo this weekend at the Albion Fair with Lee Rexrode in the Arts and Crafts building.  I really enjoyed the public, and having them ask questions to help better understand the material I love so much.  It really felt good to give back to the community.  On another note, I entered a contest for Coyote Clay and Color during the summer and found out recently that the work I entered was chosen as one of the winners among the total of five that were chosen.  The piece will be mailed off to them Monday and will be used next year in their advertisements along with the other winners throughout the year, in Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated magazines.  It is really an honor to have my work be chosen to represent Coyote Clay and the excellent glazes that they manufacture.  If you would like to see the piece selected, you can check out their website at:  www.coyoteclay.com.  Well, I'll keep updating the progress of the work as it starts to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment