Translate

Sunday, October 24, 2010

New work after the bisque firing

Well... I bisque fired the new slip-cast form that I mentioned in my last blog, and also the earthenware sculpture with the chain, that I showed in the bone dry stage in my last blog as well.  I received the cone 6 glazes that I ordered from Coyote Clay and Color and hope to do some glaze tests on the porcelain clay body that I'm using for the slip-casting as well as the earthenware clay body to determine how they will look before I commit to using them on my new work.  Today I slip-cast another form and also made up five new glazes to also test.  The range of the glazes that I made up are cone 06, cone 04, and a couple of cone 6 glazes.  I also am working on a wall piece, which I just started yesterday.  I have an idea on what I would like to do with the design, but I'll have to see how many I can produce...I'm currently working on five new pieces, so I guess we will see.  I only have five more weeks before I present the body of work for my candidacy in the MFA program of Ceramics at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.  I'm going to be extremely busy!!!  I'll keep you updated with photos of the work as it comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment