Translate

Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Sculpture for the Exchange

Here is a new sculpture that I just finished for the exchange and now I'm finishing up my third one for the assignment.  I'll post the image of that sculpture as soon as I complete it.  I'm also taking a print class this semester, so I can learn to screen-print on clay using underglazes.  I'll also be learning how to make my own decals, with the intention to incorporate the techniques into a couple of my sculptures this semester. I really like the form of this sculpture and will create molds for this, so I can slip-cast the parts and then assemble them.  I'll use the same cone 6 to cone 10 slip-cast formula I used previously to recreate multiples of this form in order to create a larger sculpture this semester.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Derek- those pieces look really good- thanks for taking this project so seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that piece looks really good ... i want that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to pick one of these, but chickened out when the only one left was the one with all the parts. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete