Translate

Friday, March 4, 2011

Using Molds to Create Sculpture/Screen Printing






It's been awhile since I last posted, so let me catch you up on things.  I made some molds to help me create multiple forms from which I can create different sculptural forms from just a few parts.  The other pictures show a sculptural form in which I plan on making multiples from to create a larger sculpture from. This semester I am taking a printmaking class in which I will be learning screen printing.  I hope to bring some of my designs onto my sculptures, by using this method using underglazes, in which I will be able to print onto slabs and then create my sculptural forms.  I guess I'll have to imagine the possibilities until I get to that point.  I'm also creating some cone 6 glazes, which I will be running tests this week.  I'll post the progress each day, since I'll be on spring break next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment