Translate

Monday, February 25, 2013

Circular Hand Saw in progress-2013









O.K. so you know I haven't just been working on one piece since I've been teaching.  I know that my time in the studio has been cut back but I still like to work on multiple pieces as one time.  Here are some pictures of another piece I have been working on as well.  This piece is hand built using earthenware slabs and press molded additions as well.  I have some images showing how I lay out copies of warning labels and symbols associated with the industrial forms I am creating.  I do this to give me an idea of how the labels might work with each other before I decide for sure.  This helps to act as a visual, when putting in the time necessary for the end result.  The particular piece is commenting on the loss of the hand in the work place today, as well as the start of portable electric power tools in society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment