Translate

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Figurative piece in progress

Currently I'm working on multiple pieces in different stages.  From soft clay to finishing surfaces on fired work, I find myself not finding it too hard to deal with the winter weather creeping back in Indiana.

This piece pictured is in it's early stages.  I say early stages because I started it as a bust, but now find myself wanting more.  I plan on adding on more clay, but because of my decision, I am working backwards.  Here's why.  Normally a sculpture is created from the ground up, but because I want more of the torso and body, I'm working backwards.  I don't plan on creating a life size body to go along with the head…I have other ideas in mind.  I've done sketches, but I won't post them, so you can see the actual work being made and the progress along the way.  I'll keep adding new images as I make progress.

Pictured are some images of the "bust" and a form I made, to help adjust the height I need for the shoulder areas and to start the torso to be added around later.






No comments:

Post a Comment