Translate

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Multiple ceramic molds







 I've been busy working with slip-casting and making the necessary molds I need for this project I'm working on for a wall piece.  I've been really busy as usual and started working on a hand built sculpture as well.  I luckily had a chance to squeeze one of my bisque pieces into a kiln Deric Ence was firing to cone 10, so I could see if the casting slip I made up would make it to that temperature, and lucky for me it did.  I would like to cast some things for the wood firing coming up in November here at Edinboro University, so I guess I'll have to hurry up and cast some work for it; now that I know it will survive.  Here are some pictures of some of some of the new molds and some cast pieces as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment