Translate

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New work under progress Fall 2011








This week has been a busy week for me with mid-term critiques and committee critiques this Friday, so I've been trying to get everything ready to present.  I have been working on a new piece for my thesis work and thought I would post the progress up to this point.  The piece pictured is terra cotta clay.  I hand built this piece using slabs and some carving techniques to create the teeth on the gears and on the "tool".  I bisque fired the clay to cone 05, and then applied a cone 6 glaze and glaze fired the pieces to start with a base to work from.  I have thought about taking my work to the next level by paying attention to the minute details, that I think helps with the overall feel of the work, and the tromp l'oeil effect that I am pursuing.  There is still some minor issues I am still working through with the piece, but I feel the end is near.  I'll post pictures of the final piece when I am done with it, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, it's fun to see what you're workin on! Hard to believe that you will be finishing up this year. Hope everything's going well!

    ReplyDelete