Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Summer Work for the Nephews-Using my skills as an artist

I know I didn't post much over the summer, but the summer for me is a time when I'm not teaching and time I have for myself and family...catching up.  My nephews are very young and are into cartoons, as I  once was.  I remember wanting to learn to read because of the comic books dad would buy me from time to time and how amazed I was at an early age with the illustrations in those books.  I know I used to doodle...a lot as a kid, creating my own version of those comic books I loved.  I was given a good opportunity of the use of my artistic skills over the summer to create an inviting environment for my nephews bathroom.  So I took a break from creating the art I do, to use my years of learning my craft for the next generation.  The pictures posted are of the large scale Spiderman I did in their bathroom over the summer.  It was a blast to create outside of my current medium and get back to what got me excited about art at an early age.  I know they enjoy it, so it was a great time for all of us!  They helped paint in some of the areas as well, so it was a collaboration between just us.  It's great being an uncle.

The images posted are of the progress of the bathroom wall, of Spiderman, which they asked me to do for them. It was a nice break from the norm, and a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment