Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

Wheel Thrown Cup

I've been busy working on finishing up new pieces, so I can take images of the work for my portfolio.  I have also been working on the wheel to reinforce my skills.  I don't usually make functional work, but I'll be teaching advanced ceramics next semester, so I thought I should brush up on using the wheel.  It's interesting how my approach to using the wheel has changed since I first was introduced to it as an undergraduate.  I guess it's the years of watching other professional artists and how they use the wheel, that has seemed to alter the way I use the wheel now.  That being said, I enjoy using cups other artists have made and decided to create one for myself.  Below is an image of a cup I made recently.  It's in the drying stage and I plan on hopefully getting it in the kiln soon.  I'll post some updates of the cup and the stages it goes through, in becoming a finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment