Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Opening night for "Freedom through Surface"

 I made it to the opening and dropped off the piece that I had forgotten in time for everything to run smoothly.  The artists involved in the exhibition are:  Anne Mormille, Heath Papa, Gratia Brown, Travis Winters, Garrett Loveless, Kevin Rohde, Jason Stockman, Deric Ence, Michelle Ghisson, and myself.  There was plenty of buzz about the variety of work and the different approaches to the surface that is on display.  One of the pictures shows how one piece brought out the sense of smell to determine if it was really candy sprinkles or not.  I know Gratia and Michelle would have enjoyed the comments.  Also I would like to say thank you to Linda Cordell who is our professor this semester in ceramics;   for giving us this "project".  I think it really helped to open up all the eyes of the artists involved about our forms, and the approach to our surfaces, as seen through the eyes of our peers.  I just would like to say thanks to everyone who helped at Art Continuum Gallery in Fort Wayne , Indiana on setting up the show and doing the P.R. for the event, it looked really good!  Thanks as well to all the graduate students getting me the information needed for this whole process to take place.  I posted some pictures here to show some of the work set up in the show.  If you can check it out, "Freedom through Surface", will run from March 25th until April 21st at Art Continuum Gallery, 125 W. Wayne St. Fort Wayne, IN.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! So excited ! Thanks for doing all this work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job Derek! The show looks really good-thanks for all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The show does look good. Thanks for going to all the trouble for us!

    ReplyDelete